Regular Council Meeting
01/08/2013 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, DE
City Council of the City of New Castle
Regular Council Meeting at Town Hall – 201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday – January 8, 2013 – 7 p.m.
Approval of Minutes by Date: Nov, 27; Dec, 4; Dec, 11
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator
Approval of Staff Reports
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
City Council Recognition of those involved with Management of the Hurricane Sandy disaster
Presentation by Jim Travers Relative to a Band Shell
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution No. 2013-1 concerning a Change Order for the Paving Contract for items related to the Dobbinsville Alleys: added excavation, material costs and fill; and added concrete work and paving material costs for 13th Street. (Councilperson Megginson – Posted 12/31/12)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution No. 2013-2 to Appoint an Absentee Ballot Clerk to perform duties related to the 2013 City Election, as detailed in the New Castle City Code. (Council President Barthel – Posted 12/31/12)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution No. 2013-3 to Appoint Members to the New Castle City Board of Elections, as detailed in the New Castle City Charter. (Council President Barthel – Posted 12/31/12)
3. Motion, Discussion and Vote on a Bank Resolution, to pay to Watchguard Digital In Car Video for new video recording equipment for police vehicles, in the amount of $40,950, of which $35,140 shall be reimbursed by a grant from the Office of Highway Safety and the remaining $5,810 shall be covered from the Police Department Budget. (Councilperson Cochran – Posted 11/9/12)
4. Motion, Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to appoint Pam Patone, Secretary of the Municipal Services Commission, to the Tree Commission, to fulfill the unexpired term of Francis Patterson, term ending April 30, 2013.
5. Comments from the floor.
6. Executive Session to discuss a personnel matter.
Next Regular Meeting Date: February 12, 2013
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence and is subject to addition and deletion of items, including executive sessions.