City of New Castle Absentee Ballot and Election Day Information
Covid-19 Information: Testing Dates & Sites, Updated Vaccine Information, and Volunteer Opportunities
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 7th, 2021
Flyer for Fixed Testing and Pop-Up Events
Additional locations may be added throughout the week. Visit de.gov/gettested for the most current list of locations.
Find COVID-19 testing sites statewide
This free COVID-19 testing is for symptomatic AND asymptomatic residents throughout our county. Results are typically provided within 48 hours by email.
Please call or sign up today to get tested and help defeat this virus.
Help Delaware in the fight against COVID-19. Sign up to volunteer with the Delaware Medical Reserve Corps.
In addition to medical professionals, members of the public can volunteer with the Medical Reserve Corps to help register Delawareans for vaccinations, manage traffic at vaccination sites, and process data.
Click here for more information about volunteering with the Medical Reserve Corps.
Who is eligible to get the vaccine right now?
- What we heard this week: I am over 16 years old – where can I sign up to be vaccinated? How long will it take for me to get an appointment?
- Delawareans 16+ can get vaccinated at:
- Sign up on the state waitlist
- Get vaccinated at a community-based event
- Persons 16-64 with underlying health conditions should continue to seek vaccination from their primary or specialty care providers or hospital systems.
- This does not mean appointments will be immediately available. Appointments will be prioritize based on age and health risk factors.
What vaccines can be administered to those ages 16-18?
- Persons 16 and 17 are only eligible to receive Pfizer vaccine.
- Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines are approved for those 18+.
How can people register if they don’t have internet access?
- If you don’t have a computer or are assisting someone without one, call 1-833-643-1715 (press option #2) for help. If you are 65 or older, or need an accommodation based on a disability, press 1 or 3.
Should I remove myself from the waiting list if I’ve been vaccinated elsewhere?
- Yes. To remove yourself, email Vaccine@delaware.gov or call the DPH Vaccine Call Center at 1-833-643-1715.
Should we still be getting tested even though more folks are being vaccinated?
- Yes, you should still be getting tested.
- COVID-19 cases are increasing in 15 zip codes across the state of Delaware.
- The state of Delaware is also experiencing an increase in hospitalizations and critical care situations.
- Reminder: if you have traveled, get tested 3-5 days after your return.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to quarantine or test after known exposure unless you develop symptoms.
- Visit https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/vaccine/fully-vaccinated/ for more information on what you can do if fully vaccinated.
Are we seeing COVID-19 variants in DE?
- Yes. The UK and NY variant are present in Delaware.
- However, the COVID-19 vaccine does provide protection from variants.