Help Shape Your Town's Future; Please Take a Moment To Complete The Comprehensive Plan Survey More Info
Rivertowns Ride and Festival
10/06/2018 - 12:00 PM
Location: The Green
Address: 200 Delaware Street
New Castle, DE 19720
The sixth annual River Towns Ride & Festival is a one-day joint festival held between the two historic Delaware waterfront towns of New Castle and Delaware City. There is no admission fee in either town and a complimentary shuttle bus can transport you between towns. This year’s event will be held from noon-5pm on Saturday, October 6th. The traditional River Towns Bike Ride begins at 11am.
Festival activities include live music, rides, attractions, games, tours, vendors, food and drink.
- Family Festival – Noon-5pm
In Historic Delaware City’s Battery Park And On The Green In Historic New Castle. Featuring Live Music, Food, Craft Beer and Wine, Free Family Games & Activities, Vendors, Exhibits And More. Free Shuttle Bus Service Between The Two Towns!
- Live Music In Historic New Castle
- The Stone Shakers – 12:15pm-2:30pm
- Special Delivery – 2:45pm-5pm
- Live Music In Historic Delaware City
- Brad Newsom Trio – 12:15pm-2:30pm
- The Bullets – 2:45pm-5pm
OFFICIAL PROGRAM COMING SOON
The Recreational Ride
Registration – 10am
Ride Staging – 10:45am
Ride Starts – 11amNEW FOR 2018:
Visit Three Historic River Towns! This year you have the option to ride the new Markell Trail (open to bikes & pedestrians only), which connects the Wilmington Riverfront to Historic New Castle and Historic Delaware City.COURSE DESCRIPTION:
Multiple route options on a course that is predominately flat between Historic Delaware City, Historic New Castle and the Wilmington Riverfront. Two Official Starting Points: Downtown Historic New Castle or Downtown Historic Delaware City. (Riders based in Wilmington can start at the Wilmington Riverfront).
- Bronze Medal: Complete 20-mile circuit between Delaware City and New Castle.
- Silver Medal: Option One: Complete two circuits (40 miles) between Delaware City and New Castle. Option Two: Visit all three Riverfront towns (34 miles). Start at either of the three towns.
- Gold Medal: Visit all three Riverfront towns twice (68 miles). Start at either of the three towns.