City offices will be closed on Monday, January 20th in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. There will be no trash pick-up on the 20th. More Info
Meetings & Events
Rivertowns Ride and Festival
10/05/2019 - 10:00 AM
Location: City of New Castle Delaware
Address: 220 Delaware Street
The seventh annual River Towns Ride & Festival is a one-day joint festival held between the two historic Delaware waterfront towns of New Castle and Delaware City. There is no admission fee in either town and a complimentary shuttle bus can transport you between towns. This year’s event will be held from noon-5pm on Saturday, October 5th. The traditional River Towns Bike Ride begins at 11am.
Festival activities include live music, rides, attractions, games, tours, vendors, food and drink.
Free on-street parking is available throughout the City of New Castle. Please note that some parking spaces are time limited as noted on nearby signs. Additional parking lots are located off of Chestnut Street and Third Street, look for signs. Handicapped parking is available in front of the Trustees Building located at 201 Delaware Street.
- Family Festival – Noon-5 pm In Historic Delaware City’s Battery Park And Historic New Castle’s Battery Park. Featuring Live Music, Food, Craft Beer and Wine, Free Family Games & Activities, Vendors, Exhibits And More. Free Shuttle Bus Service Between The Two Towns!
- Live Music In Historic New Castle
- The Stone Shakers (12:15pm-2:30pm) – Unique versions of classics as well as originals
- Bones Brigade (2:45pm-5pm) – Grateful Dead tribute band
- Live Music In Historic Delaware City
- Edgewater Avenue Music (12:15pm-2:30pm) – Distinctive blends of country, bluegrass, folk and Americana
- Brad Newsom Trio (2:45pm-5pm) – Energetic classic rock, blues & more
DOWNLOAD ACTIVITIES GUIDE
The Recreational Ride
Registration – 10am
Ride Starts – 11am
(cyclists doing the longer rides are welcome to start as early as 10am.
SAG support does not begin until 11am and will end at 5pm)
Visit Three Historic River Towns! Again this year you have the option to ride the new Markell Trail (open to bikes & pedestrians only), which connects the Wilmington Riverfront to Historic New Castle and Historic Delaware City.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Multiple route options on a course that is predominately flat between Historic Delaware City, Historic New Castle and the Wilmington Riverfront. Two Official Starting Points: Downtown Historic New Castle or Downtown Historic Delaware City. (Riders based in Wilmington can start at the Wilmington Riverfront. Check in will be on the boardwalk at the DuPont Environmental Education Center at start of the Markell Trail.)
- Bronze Medal: Complete 20-mile circuit between Delaware City and New Castle.
- Silver Medal: Option One: Complete two circuits (40 miles) between Delaware City and New Castle. Option Two: Visit all three Riverfront towns (32 miles). Start at either of the three towns.
- Gold Medal: Visit all three Riverfront towns twice (64 miles). Start at either of the three towns.
REGISTER DOWNLOAD CUE SHEET