Regular Council Meeting
02/10/2015 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, Delaware 19720
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday – February 10, 2015 – 7:00 p.m.
Approval of Minutes by Date: 1/13/2015 Public Hearing; 1/13/2015 Regular Meeting; 1/15 Special Meeting; 1/27/2015 Special Meeting.
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator
Approval of Staff Reports
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Business from the Mayor:
Business from the Council President
Mayor & Council Proclamation for Good Will Fire Company Deputy Chief B. Joseph Mullen. (Councilman Vannucci and Council President Ratchford – Posted 02/03/15)
1. Second Reading and Approval of Ordinance 500; an Ordinance to revise and restate Chapter 74: The Tree Commission and Chapter 210: Street Trees, of the City Code (Council President Ratchford – Posted 02/03/15)
1. Presentation by City Engineer of URS Corporation concerning options concerning the scope of City Street Projects with discussion and decision by Council on same. (Councilperson Megginson– Posted 02/03/15)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution No. 2015-03; for the placement request of Bailey’s Dawgs as a vendor operating within the City limits. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 02/03/15)
3. Discussion regarding proposed Verizon cellular antenna on City water tower and decision on whether to pursue lease agreement for same. (Councilperson Cochran – Posted 02/03/15)
4. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-06; City of New Castle Arbor Day Proclamation (Mayor Reese and Council President Ratchford – Posted 02/03/15)
5. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-07; A Resolution to Appoint an Absentee Ballot Clerk to perform duties related to the 2015 City Election, as detailed in the New Castle City Code. (Council President Ratchford– posted 02/03/15)
6. First reading of Ordinance 501, An Ordinance to amend Chapter 140 of the Code of the City of New Castle to add a new Article VI establishing regulations, violations and penalties relating to disorderly premises and the operation of burglary alarms. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 02/03/15)
7. Comments from the floor.
8. Executive Session to discuss personnel issues
Next Regular Meeting Date: March 10, 2015
Posted: Posted 02/03/15
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.