City Council Regular Meeting
06/11/2019 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, Delaware 19720
Delaware Street Road Project Presentation
Delaware Street Reconfiguration Concept Plan
Minutes Pending Approval
Audio Recording of 6/11/2019 Council Meeting
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – 7:00 p.m.
Minutes: May 2, 2019 – Special Meeting Minutes, May 14, 2019 – Public Hearing Minutes, May 14, 2019 – Regular Meeting Minutes, May 15, 2019 Budget Workshop Minutes, May 23, 2019 Budget Workshop Minutes.
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Reports from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only) Sign in sheet located with agenda’s at meeting entrance.
Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2019-21; A Resolution Honoring the Life of Donald A. Reese. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/04/2019.)
1. Update on Delaware Street Road Project by Dave Athey, City Engineer (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/04/2019.)
2. Discussion, Code of Conduct for the Mayor, City Council, Boards, Commissions and Non-Union Staff; and Guidelines for Public Comment Period and Public Hearings (Councilpersons Suzanne Souder and Valarie Leary – posted 06/04/2019.)
3. Discussion, Concerning Resident’s Request for a Reserved Handicapped Parking Space in a No Parking Zone on E. 12th Street (at the corner of E. 12th Street and Baldt Avenue.) (Councilperson Platt – posted 06/04/2019.)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2019-22; Resolution to Request WILMAPCO Corridor Redesign Within City of New Castle. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/04/2019.)
2. Discussion, Concerning Potential Amendment to Zoning Code §230-21.1 E to Permit Fence “Structures” on Properties Formerly Zoned Industrial (I) and Service Commercial (SC), but now Zoned Downtown Gateway (DG). (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/04/2019.)
3. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2019-23; A Resolution Endorsing Governor Carney’s Initiative to “Keep DE Litter Free” and to Join the Delaware Anti-Litter Alliance (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/04/2019.)
4. Public Comments
Next Regular Meeting Date: July 9, 2019
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.