City Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th, 2022 for the Thanksgiving Holiday. More Info
New Castle City Election
The date of the 2023 City Election is Saturday, April 15, 2023*.
The Election for City of New Castle offices is held on the second Saturday in April every other year. (*Except when such date falls on Easter Weekend, then on the third Saturday of April.)
Voting Information: In order to vote in the City election, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- a resident of the City of New Castle for at least 30 days
- and a registered voter in the State of Delaware.
Candidate Information: The requirements of candidates to file for elected office are:
- must have resided in the City for two years before election;
- at time of election must be a qualified voter of the City.
REGISTER TO VOTE (State of Delaware Department of Elections)
You can register to vote by applying with the Delaware Department of Elections. You can apply:
- By Mail or By Phone or In Person
Click here to see a list of contact numbers for the Department of Elections.
Register to Vote Online.
- Or at any of these State agencies while accessing their services:
- Division of Motor Vehicles (Driver License and State ID Services)
- Department of Health & Social Services
- Department of Labor