PRESS RELEASE-MSC Water Meter Installation More Info
Special Election Information
The date of the 2023 City Special Election is Saturday, November 4, 2023.
2023 Council Notice of Solicitation of Candidates
|New Castle City Special Election
November 4, 2023
File to run City Council President and Member of Council ! Candidate filing packets are available at the City office, 220 Delaware Street beginning Tuesday, September 5th.
Seat up for the 2023 special election is:
City Council President (Remainder of 4 year term)
Member of City Council (Remainder of 4 year term)
Voting Information: In order to vote in the City election, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- a resident of the City of New Castle for at least 30 days
- and a registered voter in the State of Delaware.
Candidate Information: The requirements of candidates to file for elected office are:
- must have resided in the City for two years before election;
- at time of election must be a qualified voter of the City.
REGISTER TO VOTE (State of Delaware Department of Elections)
You can register to vote by applying with the Delaware Department of Elections. You can apply:
- By Mail or By Phone or In Person
Click here to see a list of contact numbers for the Department of Elections.
Register to Vote Online.
- Or at any of these State agencies while accessing their services:
- Division of Motor Vehicles (Driver License and State ID Services)
- Department of Health & Social Services
- Department of Labor