Proposed City Ordinances and Resolutions
City of New Castle Delaware
City Council Regular Meeting
New Castle Senior Center*
400 South Street, New Castle, DE 19720
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 – 7:00 p.m.
Minutes: April 12, 2022 Regular Meeting Minutes
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Reports from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Public Comments (concerning agenda items and general public comments)
1. Council Discussion, Motion and Possible Vote on Resolution 2022-12; A Resolution Approving Council’s request to expand the Boundaries of the Downtown Development District (DDD). (Council President Platt – posted 05/03/2022.)
2. Council Discussion, Motion and Possible Vote on Resolution 2022-13; A Resolution to Approve the Location and Installation of Electric Charging Facilities. (Council President Platt – posted 05/03/2022.)
1. Presentation from “ONCOR”, (Old New Castle Outdoor Recreation Coalition)
Concerning the Purchase of Playground Equipment for Battery Park. (Council President Platt – posted 05/03/2022.)
2. Council Discussion, Motion and Possible Vote on Resolution 2022-14; A Resolution to Designate a 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Truck SN: 3FTSF31L33MB49070, owned by the City as Surplus Property, and Authorizing Disposal of said Surplus Property. (Council President Platt – posted 05/03/2022.)
3. First Reading of Ordinance 536; an Ordinance to Rezone Portions of Property Located at 130 and 150 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720 (Tax Parcels 21-022.00-001 and 21-022.00-002, totaling 168.76 acres) from the IOP Zoning Classification (Industrial Office Park) to the R-3 Zoning Classification (Multi-Family Residential) as to 149.08 Acres, and to GC (General Commercial) as to 13.96 Acres, and to Amend the City’s Comprehensive Plan in a Manner Consistent Therewith. (Council President Platt – posted 05/03/2022.)
4. Council Discussion, Motion and Possible Vote on Resolution 2022-15; A Resolution to Request the Governor of Delaware to Direct the State Police to Correct their Public Reporting System Regarding New Castle. (Councilperson Smith- posted 05/03/2022.)
5. Executive Session Concerning Strategy on AFSCME Contract Negotiations and Discussion Concerning Public Building Safety Issues and Security Plans.
Next Regular Meeting Date: June 14, 2022
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
*You can also view the meeting online at the address below. A clickable link is available on the City website at www.newcastlecity.delaware.gov/events. There will be no comments taken from the Zoom audience; comments may be submitted via email up to 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at email@example.com
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87159600813?pwd=REt2QkJmMjcrNzQzMFZkK2dySmh2dz09
Enter Password: 041133
You can also listen to the meeting via telephone by calling one of the phone numbers below and entering the meeting ID and password when prompted. (Long distance rates may apply.)
(301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656.
Webinar ID: 871 5960 0813