City Council Regular Meeting
07/10/2018 - 07:00 PM
07/10/2018 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 – 7:00 p.m.
* Minutes: 05/08/2018 Regular Council Meeting; 06/06/2018 Budget Workshop; 06/11/2018 Budget Workshop; 06/12/2018 Regular Council Meeting; 06/29/2018 Special Meeting.
* Staff Reports
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Presentation and Discussion concerning Downtown Development District Plan and City Incentives by Chris Rogers from AECOM (Council President Ratchford – posted 07/03/18.)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2018-18; A Resolution Requesting that DelDOT Retain the Existing Traffic Light at 6th and Delaware Streets in the City of New Castle. (Councilperson Di Mondi- posted 07/03/2018.)
2. Discussion and possible decision on contract offer on Dobbinsville Police Substation (Council President Ratchford – posted 07/03/2018.)
1. Discussion of Buttonwood Church Request to Use City Property on corner of Buttonwood Avenue and Lincoln Street for overflow church parking. (Council President Ratchford – posted 07/03/2018.)
2. Discussion of Installation of Temporary Speed Control Devices on 8th Street between South Street and Route 273. (Councilperson Platt – posted 07/03/2018.)
3. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2018-16; A Resolution Approving a Stop sign at the corner of Harmony and 3rd Streets. (Councilperson Leary – posted 07/03/2018.)
4. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2018-19; A Resolution to consider recommendations from DelDOT concerning truck traffic through Dobbinsville. (Council President Ratchford – posted 07/03/18.)
5. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2018-20; A Resolution for the City of New Castle to become a Supporter of Future Trails of Northern Delaware. (Council President Ratchford – posted 07/03/18.)
Next Regular Meeting Date: August 14, 2018
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.