New Castle County Expanded Testing Dates and Sites for the Week of July 13th.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information More Info
Meetings & Events
City Council Regular Meeting
09/12/2017 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, DE 19720
09/12/2017 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 – 7:00 p.m.
* Minutes: 6/8/17 Special Meeting (tabled at 8/8/17 meeting); 7/31/17 Public Hearing; 7/31/17 Special Meeting
* Staff Reports
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2017-31; A Resolution to Establish a Task Force to Develop and Propose a Formal Code of Ethics For Elected Officials and Non-Union Employees in the City Of New Castle. (Councilperson Quaranta – posted 09/05/2017.)
List of Persons being considered for the Ethics Committee
Councilperson Michael J. Quaranta
1. First Reading of Ordinance 512; An Ordinance to amend the City Code Chapter 193. Sanitary Code, Article IV. Water Supply prohibiting private potable and non-potable water wells without approval of the Municipal Services Corporation. (Council President Ratchford – posted 09/05/2017.)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2017-32; A Resolution to allow Resident Handicapped Parking at 45 W. Fourth Street. (Council President Ratchford – posted 09/05/2017.)
3. Discussion of Proposed City Charter Changes – Scope, Process, and Schedule (Council President Ratchford – posted 09/05/2017.)
Comments from the floor.
Note: This agenda, as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
Next Regular Meeting Date: October 10th, 2017