City Council Regular Meeting
11/14/2017 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, DE 19720
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 – 7:00 p.m.
* Minutes: September 5, 2017 Public Hearing & September 5, 2017 Special Meeting.
* Staff Reports
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Mayoral Proclamation in honor of Veterans Day
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2017-35; A Resolution approving annual license fees for telecommunications facilities. (Council President Ratchford – posted 11/07/2017.)
2. Delaware Municipality Charter Research and Proposed Limited Scope Charter Changes: Council Discussion and Public Input. (Council President Ratchford – posted 11/07/2017.
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2017-37; A Resolution approving the Mayors Appointment to the Planning Commission of Pete Toner. (Council President Ratchford – posted 11/07/2017.)
2. First Reading of Ordinance 513; An Ordinance to amend Section 230-37 of the City Code to add a new subsection L prohibiting certain signage and other obstructions in public rights-of-way. (Council President Ratchford – posted 11/07/2017.) This item has been postponed.
3. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2017-38; A Resolution petitioning the City’s State Senator and Representatives to intervene with DelDOT on the proposed elimination of the traffic signal at Delaware Street and 6th Street. (Councilperson Di Mondi – posted 11/07/2017.)
4. Approval of the 2019 Separation Day Grant-In-Aid local service application. (Council President Ratchford – posted 11/07/2017.)
Comments from the floor.
Executive Session to discuss a matter of pending litigation.
Note: This agenda, as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
Next Regular Meeting Date: December 12, 2017