The State of Delaware is vaccinating all persons 12+ Find out where you can get vaccinated and answers to frequently asked questions.
Meetings & Events
Regular Council Meeting
06/09/2015 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, Delaware 19720
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday – June 9, 2015 – 7:00 p.m.
Minutes: 4/23 Organizational Meeting; 5/5 Special Meeting; 5/12 Regular Meeting; 5/26 Special Meeting; 5/28 Budget Workshop.
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution No. 2015-26, A Resolution honoring the life of former Delaware Attorney General, Beau Biden. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 06/02/15)
1. Discussion and update of Proposed Fishing Pier: Follow-up Presentation (“fishing beach” area near future parking lot off Route 9 South)
* Bernie Pankowski, Chairman of Recreational Fishing Advisory Council
* Larry Horan, Construction Project Manager, Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife (Council President Ratchford – Posted 06/02/15)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-24, Approving Council appointment of nominee Mike DiAlessandro to Tree Advisory Commission. (Councilperson John Di Mondi – Posted 06/02/15)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-25, Approving appointments to Historic Area Commission. Council Confirmation of Planning Commission appointment of Mike Quaranta to fill unexpired term of David Bird, and filling open position of unexpired term of Mike Quaranta who will resign as Council appointee, Council appointee to be named. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 06/02/15)
Comments from the floor
Executive Session to discuss AFSCME negotiations
Next Regular Meeting Date: July 14, 2015
Posted: Posted 06/02/15
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.