Regular City Council Meeting
08/11/2015 - 07:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, Delaware 19720
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular Council Meeting at Town Hall
201 Delaware Street – New Castle
Tuesday – August 11, 2015 – 7:00 p.m.
Minutes: 6/5 Special Meeting; 6/17 Special Meeting/Budget Workshop; 6/30 Special Meeting; 7/14 Regular Meeting; 7/22 Regular Meeting; 7/22 Special Meeting; 7/23 Special Meeting
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Report from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
Business from the Floor (concerning agenda items only)
Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-35, A Resolution recognizing George O’Neal for 40 Years of Dedicated Service to the City of New Castle. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 08/04/15
Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-36, A Resolution Remembering the Life of Marcia Quillen. (Councilperson Petty – Posted 08/04/15)
Mayoral Proclamation recognizing the 80th Anniversary Social Security Administration.
1. Senator Nicole Poore; Update on road projects in Dobbinsville, and other various issues. (Councilperson Megginson – Posted 08/04/15)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-37, A Resolution to approve the FY14 City Audit, as presented by City Auditor. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 08/04/15)
3. Update on Mt. Salem church and historical marker celebration (Councilperson Petty and NCC Executive Assistant Josie Roy) Note: Celebration Committee requesting street closure and seating on East Fourth Street between Harmony and Chestnut from noon-2 p.m. event day.
4. Forgotten Cats: Wynne Hewitt, Director of Community Outreach and Development and Wynne Hewitt, volunteer. Presentation regarding grant from PetSmart Charities to trap, neuter, vaccinate and return (TNVR) cats in New Castle–free of charge—to reduce number of unwanted cats and kittens. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 08/04/15)
5. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2015-38, A resolution authorizing a curb plaque program and affirmatively disavowing any intent to give the curbs individual names, confirming that program is only to recognize City donors. (Council President Ratchford – Posted 08/04/15
Comments from the floor
Executive Session: To discuss personnel matter.
Next Regular Meeting Date: September 8, 2015
Posted: Posted 08/04/15
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.