Meetings & Events
City Council Regular Meeting
06/09/2020 - 07:00 PM
In order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and to adhere to the Governor’s mandate, the public will not be able to physically attend the City Council meetings. However, we have arranged for you to attend and participate via these methods listed here, The City of New Castle is providing multiple alternatives to viewing Council meetings and providing comments on items on the agenda. These alternatives allow the City to adhere to social distancing requirements, follow the Governor’s Executive Order and provide a way for the public to provide public comment live during the meeting. Click here for full instructions.
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting
Meeting to be held electronically via Zoom video and audio conferencing*
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 – 7:00 p.m. – Minutes
Minutes: May 12, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes; May 15, 2020 Budget Workshop; May 29, 2020 Special Meeting.
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Reports from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
1. Council to discuss 2021 General Fund and Grant Fund Budget. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
2. Possible Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-15, to Set 2021 Fiscal Year Tax Rate and Adopt the 2021 Fiscal Year General Fund Budget and Grant Budget. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
1. Council Discussion: Brylgon Avenue Park. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-16; A Resolution Approving the Mayor’s Appointment of Scot Savitch to the Tree Advisory Commission to fulfil the unexpired term of John Lloyd. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
Scot Savitch – Term Ending November 13, 2021
3. Council Discussion: Revisions to Chapter 28 of the Code of the City of New Castle regarding States of Emergency. (Councilperson Smith- Posted 06/02/2020.)
4. Council Discussion: Economic Recovery and Operational Issues Related to COVID-19. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
5. First Reading: Ordinance No. 2020-527: An Ordinance to amend and restate the following chapters of the Code of the City of New Castle: Chapters 102 (Building Construction), Chapter 103 (One- and Two-Family Dwellings), Chapter 162 (Mechanical Standards), Chapter 163 (Fuel Gas Standards), Chapter 181 (Plumbing Code), Chapter 185 (Property Maintenance Code); and to establish new Chapters 164 (Existing Building Code) and 165 (Swimming Pool and Spa Code) to the Code of the City of New Castle. (Council President Ratchford – posted 06/02/2020.)
Next Regular Meeting Date: July 14, 2020
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
*You can view the meeting online at the address below. A clickable link is available on the City website at www.newcastlecity.delaware.gov/events.
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87218900167?pwd=T1N4d0FqUHk5RERjcWFTYWpRSGQ1QT09
Enter Password: 390537
You can also participate in the meeting via telephone by calling one of the phone numbers below and entering the meeting ID and password when prompted. (Long distance rates may apply.)
(301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656.
Meeting ID: 872 1890 0167
Questions and comments will be taken via email up to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org and live on zoom during the comment section of the meeting.