Meetings & Events
City Council Regular Meeting
08/11/2020 - 07:00 PM
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting
Meeting to be held electronically via Zoom video and audio conferencing*
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 – 7:00 p.m. – Minutes
Minutes: July 14, 2020 Public Hearing; July 14, 2020 Public Hearing; July 14, 2020 Regular Meeting
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Reports from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
1. Council Discussion and Possible Action on City’s Operations, Budget or Recovery due to COVID-19 (Council President Ratchford – posted 08/04/2020.)
1. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-18; A Resolution Approving Mayor’s Re-appointment to the Planning Commission of Joseph F. Day III. (Council President Ratchford – posted 08/04/2020.)
-Joseph F. Day III – Term Ending July 11, 2023
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-19; A Resolution Approving Mayor’s Re-appointments to the Board of Health. (Council President Ratchford – posted 08/04/2020.)
-Eleanor Green – Term Ending September 11, 2022
-William Hentkowski – Term Ending October 9, 2022
-Dr. Joanne Viola – Term Ending October 9, 2022
3. Discussion and review of the Draft 2020 Comprehensive Plan Update, including the remaining steps in the process, which will include Public Hearings before the Planning Commission and the City Council. (Council President Ratchford – posted 08/04/2020.)
4. First Reading of Ordinance No. 528, an Ordinance to Adopt the Update to the 2009 Comprehensive Plan, entitled the 2020 City of New Castle Comprehensive Plan. (Council President Ratchford – posted 08/04/2020.)
Next Regular Meeting Date: September 8, 2020
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
*You can view the meeting online at the address below. A clickable link is available on the City website at www.newcastlecity.delaware.gov/events.
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87218900167?pwd=T1N4d0FqUHk5RERjcWFTYWpRSGQ1QT09
Enter Password: 390537
You can also participate in the meeting via telephone by calling one of the phone numbers below and entering the meeting ID and password when prompted. (Long distance rates may apply.)
(301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656.
Meeting ID: 872 1890 0167
Questions and comments will be taken via email up to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org and live on zoom during the comment section of the meeting.