Meetings & Events
Historic Area Commission
07/17/2014 - 05:00 PM
Location: Town Hall
Address: 201 Delaware Street
New Castle, DE
HISTORIC AREA COMMISSION
New Castle Town Hall
2nd & Delaware Streets
July 17, 2014—5:00 p.m.
EACH APPLICATION IS A SEPARATE PUBLIC HEARING
Roll Call Discussion of administrative matters.
1. E. Lovlie – 206 Delaware St.
Returning for re-consideration of previous vote. (4/17/14)
Continued in the 6/19/14 meeting
2. A. Boland – 122 Delaware St.
Resolution of design of small roof over restaurant front door.
1. S. Hannell -409 Harmony St.
Remove and replace existing roof on house only with weather wood blend shingles.
2. Bridgewater – 318 Delaware Street
Put a door back in original opening (left side next to Opera House) to match other door.
3. M. Quaranta – 300 Delaware St.
Removal of wood fence around perimeter of property and install new, red cedar fence, Dutch cut.
4. Third Street East Condo Assoc. 143-153 E. 3rd St.
Replace roof in kind and same color.
5. Center Square Assoc. – 204 D Delaware St.
Cut new doorway into rear wall, install full light wood door. Build deck, build fence enclosure for trash and recycle cans.
6. M & T Bank – 210 Delaware St.
Repair exterior walls, replace gutter and roof.
7. D. Shane – 46 W. 3rd St.
Install and repair existing fence. French Gothic per specs attached.
8. D. Shane – 47 W. 3rd St.
Replace existing decking in back of house in kind
9. K. Nardone – 51 W. 3rd St.
Remove and replace existing cedar panels with new 7” exposure cedar panels per specs attached.
10. R. Snyder – 127 E. 3rd St.
Complete rehab of house per specs attached.
11. R. Weber – 126 Harmony St.
Replace wire fence with HAC approved wood fence.
12. J. Flook – 1129 E. 2nd St.
Repair and replace shed-style roof w/skylights over sun porch.
1. G. Fokas – 151 E. 3rd Street
Air conditioner condenser placement approval.
2. B. Ruff – 157 E. 2nd Street
Replace front door with 6 panel solid wood door.
3. Presbyterian Church – 20 The Strand
Replace cedar shakes on cheeks of 4 doormers with cedar siding (primed and painted). Existing shakes are leaking and curling beyond repair.
4. Logan – 123 Harmony Street
Repair and repoint brick stairs and replace rear wood standing door in kind.
The agenda items listed may not be considered in sequence.