Historic Area Commission Meeting
10/08/2015 - 06:30 PM
HISTORIC AREA COMMISSION
New Castle Town Hall
2nd & Delaware Streets
Thursday, October 8, 2015 –6:30 p.m.
NOTE NEW DATE AND TIME!!!
EACH APPLICATION IS A SEPARATE PUBLIC HEARING
Roll Call Discussion of administrative matters.
1. J. Zolper – 125 E. 2nd Street
Returning with more information for new wood door designs.
2. S. Wilson – 53 W. 5th Street
Returning with more information on front porch remodeling and bathroom replacement window.
3. S. Balascio – 170 E. 4th Street
Revision to original plans. Removal of knee wall-screen will extend to floor. Removal of wall on north side, screen will extend to floor. Replacement of rear- facing window w/aluminum clad double hung window on 2nd story. Reduce dimensions from 19’x14’ to 14’x14’.
4. Omega Properties – 224-226 E. 2nd Street
Review of front porch/setback requirements.
5. E. DiAlessandro – 42 W. 4th Street
Reconsideration of siding and windows.
1. L. Deemer – 130 Delaware Street
Remove tree, stump and roots. Repair damaged section of brick sidewalk. Replace bricks keeping herring bone pattern.
2. Presbyterian Church – 25 E. 2nd Street
Replace in kind, double doors facing 2nd Street. Replacement doors will be mahogany.
3. C. Alabrudzinski – 111 E. 2nd Street
Remove existing asphalt siding and wood siding and replace with LP SmartSide Textured Country Red. Remove two multi pane windows from rear of house and replace with double sash single pane windows. Install brick 20 x 20 parking pad.
4. H. Diener – 122 E. 3rd Street
Remove existing asbestos siding on 1st floor and install Eastern white pine siding. Remove existing screen on back porch.
5. C. Thomas – 151 E. 2nd Street
Remove and replace front dormer 3rd floor and rear 3rd floor dormer windows.
6. P. Whary – 125 E. 3rd Street
Remove and replace rotted decorative wood trim and replace with Fypon instead of wood to withstand weather.
7. G. North – 159 E. 3rd Street
Install 12 storm windows. Meeting rails to match window and painted to match trim.
1. Spotswood LLC – 423 Delaware Street
Removal of slate shingles as necessary above pole gutter to run EPDM up and under slate and reinstall slate.
The agenda items listed may not be considered in sequence.