07/19/2022 - 07:00 PM Location: Police Community Room Address: 1 Municipal Blvd.
New Castle, Delaware 19720
City of New Castle Sea Level Rise Task Force Community Room New Castle City Police Station 1 Municipal Blvd., New Castle, DE 19720 Tuesday, July 19, 2022 – 7:00 p.m.
1. Review of minutes of last meeting.
2. Discussion of Possible Funding of flood protection by the Natural Resources Conservation Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture with Ann Baldwin of the USDA.
3. Public Comments on Agenda Items Only (limit 3 minutes per person)
4. Discussion of other funding sources.
5. Discussion of letter to be sent to City Council concerning NRCS funding.
6. Discussion of pros and cons of raising dikes and filling in gaps between dikes to current FEMA estimate of 9 foot level, up to 10.5 feet (FEMA’s high end estimate for 2050) or 13.5 feet (FEMA’s high end estimate for 2100). With Kevin Donnelly of the Delaware Conservation District.
7. Initial discussion of Public Communications regarding sea level rise (See notes from Delaware City Website.)
8. Comments from Task Force Members on other items.
9. Discussion of agenda for next meeting.
10. Additional public comments (Limit 3 minutes per person.)
Note: This agenda, as listed, may not be considered in sequence. Posted: 7/12/2022
If you are unable to attend the meeting, questions and comments will be taken via email up to 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.