Meetings & Events
City Council Regular Meeting
05/12/2020 - 07:00 PM
In order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and to adhere to the Governor’s mandate, the public will not be able to physically attend the City Council meetings. However, we have arranged for you to attend and participate via these methods listed here, The City of New Castle is providing multiple alternatives to viewing Council meetings and providing comments on items on the agenda. These alternatives allow the City to adhere to social distancing requirements, follow the Governor’s Executive Order and provide a way for the public to provide public comment live during the meeting. Click here for full instructions.
City of New Castle Delaware
Regular City Council Meeting
Meeting to be held electronically via Zoom video and audio conferencing*
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 – 7:00 p.m.
Minutes: April 14, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes
Approval of Treasurer’s Report
Reports from the City Administrator & Staff
Business from the Mayor
Business from the Council President
1. Presentation on DNREC Delaware Coastal Programs Resilient Community Partnership Program for Ecosystem Modeling Overview and Update on Resiliency Action Plan Status by Dave Athey – AECOM. (Council President Ratchford – posted 05/05/2020; revised 5/6/20.)
2. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-13; A Resolution in Support of the City of New Castle’s Application to the Delaware Coastal Programs for its Resilient Community Partnership for Ecosystem Modeling. (Council President Ratchford – posted 05/05/2020; revised 5/6/20.)
3. Motion, Discussion and Vote on Resolution 2020-14; A Resolution Approving Mayor’s Re-appointment to the Planning Commission of Erin Sabatella. (Council President Ratchford – posted 05/05/2020.)
Erin Sabatella – Term Ending April 9, 2023
4. Council Discussion and Possible Action on City’s Operations, Budget or Recovery due to COVID-19. (Council President Ratchford – posted 05/05/2020.)
Next Regular Meeting Date: June 9, 2020
Note: This agenda as listed may not be considered in sequence, including executive sessions.
*You can view the meeting online at the address below. A clickable link is available on the City website at www.newcastlecity.delaware.gov/events.
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87218900167?pwd=T1N4d0FqUHk5RERjcWFTYWpRSGQ1QT09
Enter Password: 390537
You can also participate in the meeting via telephone by calling one of the phone numbers below and entering the meeting ID and password when prompted. (Long distance rates may apply.)
(301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656.
Meeting ID: 872 1890 0167
Questions and comments will be taken via email up to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at email@example.com and live on zoom during the comment section of the meeting.